Hunting the market for a credit card suitable for the fledgling consumerist? The Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa for College Students (now offering $50 cash back bonus after $150 in purchases) is a cash rebate rewards credit card specifically made for the college demographics with no history of credit. Unlike other Citibank cards, this card literally pays you for spending. For individuals who just need a forward cash back reward system, this is the card to get since it does not offer a point system. One of several distinctive feature made available to make the college student’s life easier is the virtual account number which enables safe shopping online because it protects the account and identity of the card holder. Let’s admit it; college students spend considerable time before the computer and therefore are bound to do some online shopping- might as well do it without worrying that their information can be hacked and fraudulent charges made.
- Earn $50 cash back after $150 in purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
- No annual fee and no cosigner required.
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases for 7 months. After that 13.99%-21.99% variable depending on your creditworthiness.
- Average 5% additional Cashback at gas stations, supermarkets, drugstores, and utilities for 6mos. and 1% thereafter. Over 400 leading retailers through the Citi Bonus Cash Center.
- 2% Cash Back in popular rotating categories like restaurants, apparel, plus more. 1% Cash Back on all other purchases.
- Free credit education tips and tools to help you control your spending.
- $0 Liability on Unauthorized Purchases.
For busy college students, keeping up with reward points on their credit card is probably the last thing on their mind. With a cash rebate-only credit card, getting cash back when swiping their card at supermarkets, drugstores, and gas stations couldn’t be more simple. All the cash rewards earned will show up on the account at the end of the month. With lots of exams and term papers to think about, one less hassle is definitely appreciated. Sign up for the Citi Dividend Platinum Select today!
Leave a Reply