Too many young adults sign up for credit cards that are not suited to their needs, and they end up learning the hard way- hurting their credit and having interest rates skyrocket. Citi addresses this issue by providing college students the Citi Forward Card, currently giving a $75 statement credit after you spend $150 on back-to-school purchases at apparel, book or electronics stores in the first 3 months of opening your account. This card rewards students by reducing APR and giving bonus points for responsible finance management, thereby encouraging them to pay their bill on time and in full and staying under credit limit. Some of the card’s perks include 100 bonus points each month for paying your bill on time; 2x points for purchases on books, movies, music, and restaurants; as much as 2% APR reduction; and a 0% introductory APR for 7 months. When you are a responsible consumer, you can lower your costs with the Citi Forward Card!
- Earn a $75 statement credit after you spend $150 on back-to-school purchases at apparel, book or electronics stores within the first 3 months of opening your account
- Up to 1,200 ThankYou Points a year for paying on time and staying under your credit limit
- Up to 2% APR reduction when you make a purchase, pay on time and stay under your credit limit 3 billing periods in a row (0.25% each quarter, 8X maximum)
- Earn 2 ThankYou Points for every $1 you spend eating at your favorite restaurants including fast food, catching movies or buying books and music
- 0% Purchase APR for 7 months on purchases. After that the APR will be 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- $0 liability means never having to pay for fraudulent purchases
- No co-signer required
For college students who would like to build their credit, Citi Forward will let you reach that goal if use your credit wisely. Why don’t you receive some benefits while being financially responsible? Sign up for your card today!