College could be the land of new beginnings full of learning, exploring, and plenty of ramen noodles for all those penny pinching days. If you’re a college student who wants to begin to build your credit while having a credit card that rewards you for good money habits, the Citi mtvU Platinum Select Visa Card for College Students may be the answer. This card offers 5 reward points for every $1 you spend on books, movies, music and at restaurants. It is distinctive among other cards since it awards points for getting a good GPA- talk about incentive to do well in school! ThankYou points are rewarded as follows:
GPA Score Points
2.50 – 2.99 250
3.00 – 3.49 500
3.50 – 3.99 750
Aside from earning reward points by getting on the Dean’s List, you will be rewarded for paying your bills on time and not going over your credit limit. Of course it goes without saying you would have to put charges on the card to earn any points first. Receive 5 points for each dollar you spend on purchases at the book store, record store, restaurants (including fast food), movie theaters, and video entertainment rental stores; and1 point for every dollar you spend on other purchases. With these points, you can redeem them on the ThankYou Redemptions Network reward program to receive gift cards, CDs, VIP mtvU Spring Break Passes, tickets to the MTV Video Music Awards, and air travel.
- 0% introductory APR on purchasesfor the first 7 months. After that introductory period, the APR for purchases will be variable, between 13.99% and 21.99% depending on your creditworthiness.
- 5 reward points for every $1 you spend on books, movies, music and at restaurants.
- 1 reward point for every $1 you spend on other purchases.
- 25 reward points each month when you pay on time and stay under your credit limit.
- Up to 2000 reward points twice a year for having a good GPA. At the end of every semester, just send in your transcript and get extra points!
- 10% discount on music and entertainment products at shop.mtv.com.
- Access to exclusive mtvU experiences like free concert tickets, tickets to the mtvU Woodie Awards or VIP status at mtvU’s Spring Break.
- No annual fee. Enjoy platinum cardholder benefits and the card’s rewards system at no cost.
- No cosigner or minimum income required.
If you are a good student who’s financially responsible and able to make payments on time in order to avoid paying interest, sign up for the Citi mtvU Platinum Visa card for College Students to get rewarded today!